Founded in 2000, RELEVANT has experienced extraordinary audience growth in the last few years, and now consistently reaches 5-10 million people a month through our magazine and digital platforms. Not unexpectedly, most of that growth has come through our web and multimedia. But we're just scratching the surface of what's now possible.
After founding the weekly RELEVANT Podcast in August 2005 and growing it to now more than 400,000 downloads each week, this summer we launched the RELEVANT Podcast Network.
Our first two shows, the Shauna Niequist Podcast and the Red Couch Podcast with Propaganda and Alma, both debuted at the top of the iTunes Charts in their category. (Shauna's show debuted at No. 8 worldwide.)
This fall, we will be expanding the network to include 9 additional shows, and we have many more in the pipeline for 2018. In addition, we're building new video studios and launching an aggressive video content strategy.
We're looking to add an audio producer to our team to lead the execution of all of our audio content. The position will work for the brand director and creative director, and will plan, record and edit all of our podcast productions and studio recordings. The position will also manage a team of part-time editors.
This is more than a technical/engineering position. Equally important is the ability to craft content and, honestly, having a passion for the podcast format. Creating compelling content for a variety of shows is a must.
This position will oversee the audio aspects of our video projects, which range from intimate band performances, interviews and other broadcast content.
The job requires a versatile, driven, detail-oriented person with a passion for creating compelling, excellent audio experiences. Having a passion for RELEVANT's mission and voice is a must, as this position will be leading and creating our audio division.
- Audio production recording and editing.
- Provides talent and content direction and feedback.
- Collaborates with the brand director on show ideas and produces show elements.
- Oversees the editing of all audio products and the recording/mixing of other studio projects.
- Facilitates digital audio edit and publication for all RELEVANT Podcast Network shows.
- Creates audio cuts and can make subjective decisions regarding the most appropriate audio cuts for publication and distribution.
- Coordinates audio with visual assets for presentation on desktop and mobile platforms, sometimes aligning with or creating relevant video content as well.
- Serves as a producer for RELEVANT Podcast Network digital audio productions.
- Work is subject to close scrutiny and quality control feedback.
- A minimum of 2 years of audio production experience (both studio recording and editing).
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Management experience preferred.
- Familiar with trends in content, technology, and production of digital audio content.
Working at RELEVANT
RELEVANT Media Group is a Christian company creating innovative media that primarily reaches the college-to-30s audience. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but you should probably read our What We Do page if you don't know who we are.
Our employees work tirelessly to influence our generation and impact the world, but they want to have fun in the process. We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers full medical & dental insurance for our full-time employees, as well as a generous 401(k) program. We also offer full-timers two weeks of paid vacation, as well as a week of paid sick leave.
Our office is located in the creative Orlando, FL, neighborhood of Winter Park, where we're surrounded by brick streets and amazing restaurants. This is an in-house position, and relocation assistance is provided if necessary.
To apply for our audio producer position, please submit your cover letter and resume below. Please include your salary range and references as well. Applications without salary range cannot be considered.