RELEVANT, an award-winning magazine and media company reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, is currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper to join our in-house team. We are looking for an individual who is experienced in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and budgeting/forecasting. Duties include entering invoices, cash management, creating and maintaining files, posting cash, paying bills and keeping cashflow projections and budget documents updated. Position is part-time, approximately 10-15 hours per week. Schedule is flexible. Only qualified applicants need apply.
Day-to-day Job Requirements
- Handle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Research accounts payable and accounts receivable issues and pursue past due accounts as needed
- Keep cashflow projections and budget documents updated
- Prepare bank, credit card reconciliations monthly
- Process credit card payments as needed
- Administrative tasks, filing, etc.
- Human Resources regarding employee benefits and compliance
- Liaise with bank as needed
- Make bank deposits
- Work with our CPA firm to ensure tax filings happen accurately and on time
- Work with our benefits management company to ensure proper operation of our 401(k) program (adding/removing employees, etc.)
- Prepare various financial reports, including balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- 1+ years of QuickBooks experience is a must
- 1+ years of bookkeeping experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft or Apple office suite: Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers is required
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage time
- Ability to follow through until tasks are completed
- Ability to communicate well via phone and email
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, clients and professionals (i.e. bankers, lawyers, etc.).
- Since this position will be interfacing with our advertisers and partners, knowledge of RELEVANT's products, mission and market is a must.
Working at RELEVANT
At RELEVANT, we are committed to innovation, purpose and excellence. We are the leading platform reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, and our team is fueled by a creative spirit and spiritual mission that is reflected in every aspect of our business. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but all of that's covered on our What We Do page, and let's be honest, you probably shouldn't apply for this position if you don't know who we are.
We're a small, collaborative team, and our employees are working to influence our generation and impact the world by creating innovative, impactful media. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we'd love to hear from you! We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers full medical & dental insurance for our full-time employees, as well as a generous 401(k) matching program. We also offer full-time employees three weeks of paid time off, as well as generous maternity, paternity and missions trip leave if applicable. The office is fully stocked with free snacks and drinks, and our brand new office is located in downtown Orlando about a block away from Magic games.
This is an in-house position.
To apply for our bookkeeper position, please post your cover letter, resume and wage history/requirements below.