RELEVANT, an award-winning magazine and media company reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, is currently seeking an experienced bookkeeper to join our in-house team. We are looking for an individual who is experienced in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and budgeting/forecasting. Duties include entering invoices, cash management, creating and maintaining files, posting cash, paying bills and keeping cashflow projections and budget documents updated. Position is part-time, approximately 15 hours per week. Schedule is flexible. Only qualified applicants need apply.
Day-to-day Job Requirements
- Handle accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Research accounts payable and accounts receivable issues and pursue past due accounts as needed
- Keep cashflow projections and budget documents updated
- Prepare bank, credit card reconciliations monthly
- Process credit card payments as needed
- Administrative tasks, filing, etc.
- Human Resources regarding employee benefits and compliance
- Liaise with bank as needed
- Make bank deposits
- Work with our CPA firm to ensure tax filings happen accurately and on time
- Work with our benefits management company to ensure proper operation of our 401(k) program (adding/removing employees, etc.)
- Prepare various financial reports, including balance sheets and profit and loss statements
- 1+ years of QuickBooks experience is a must
- 1+ years of bookkeeping experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft or Apple office suite: Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers is required
- Ability to meet deadlines and self-manage time
- Ability to follow through until tasks are completed
- Ability to communicate well via phone and email
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, clients and professionals (i.e. bankers, lawyers, etc.).
- Since this position will be interfacing with our advertisers and partners, knowledge of RELEVANT's products, mission and market is a must.
Working at RELEVANT
RELEVANT Media Group is a Christian company creating innovative media that primarily reaches the college-to-30s audience. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but all of that's covered on our What We Do page, and let's be honest, you probably shouldn't apply for this position if you don't know who we are.
We're a small, collaborative team, and our employees are working to influence our generation and impact the world by creating innovative, effective media. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we'd love to hear from you! We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers part-time employees a week of paid vacation each year, flexible schedules, and generous maternity and paternity leave if applicable. The office is fully stocked with free snacks and drinks, and employees are given great seats to Orlando Magic and Orlando City games each season.
Our office is located in the creative Orlando, FL, neighborhood of Winter Park, where we're surrounded by brick streets, Rollins College and amazing restaurants. This is an in-house position.
To apply for our bookkeeper position, please post your cover letter, resume and wage history/requirements below.