At RELEVANT, we are committed to innovation, purpose and excellence. We are the leading platform reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, and our team is fueled by a creative spirit and spiritual mission that is reflected in every aspect of our business.
We are looking for an idea-driven content producer with strong journalism and multimedia experience. The position will be responsible for conceiving and writing magazine and website content—producing multiple items per day—as well as conducting interviews and creating content for our audio and video platforms. This person needs to have their finger on the pulse of what RELEVANT covers. They need to be smart, witty, and have great taste. They will need to quickly deliver quality, compelling content that is journalistically sound, and written with RELEVANT's unique voice and worldview.
This particular position will create the majority of our relationship and finance/career content, so expertise in those subject matters is important. The ability to be comfortable on camera and having an engaging presence on mic is also imperative to the job. The job thinks about engaging content on all platforms, not just written (though journalism and strong writing is the backbone of it all).
The ideal candidate is our target audience. They know what's happening in the Church, as well as culture. They have great taste in music, literature, film and design. They wrestle with hard questions, but aren't cynical. They're witty and creative. They're passionate about their faith, and about the potential of their generation to change the world. They love writing, but are equally comfortable conducting interviews and letting their personality shine on our multimedia platforms. They are passionate about RELEVANT, and get the unique combination of wit, smarts, vision, passion and taste that make it unique.
This is a highly collaborative in-house position that works with the managing editor, publisher and multimedia producers to ideate and create daily website and multimedia content, as well as contribute to the magazine. A knowledge of web analytics (to see what's connecting), headline writing, and RELEVANT's mission and voice is vital. A passion and expertise in personal social media is a must.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years experience in media.
- Deep knowledge of RELEVANT's products, market and audience.
- Expertise in relationship or financial content strongly preferred.
- A strong, fast writer, with the ability to produce both quick blurbs and feature-length content.
- Comfortable on-camera and conducting interviews. A major focus of the job will be creating new types of video content for the brand.
- Thrives writing smart, bold, witty content. Aware of emerging media trends and able to use analytics to craft content strategy on multiple platforms.
- Strategic and creative thinker, with understanding of multimedia trends and how to engage emerging platforms to achieve brand content goals.
- Knowledge of AP style, with the ability to learn and adopt the standards in the RELEVANT style guide.
- Experience with Adobe InCopy and the Adobe Cloud software suite.
- Funny. Come on, you need to be funny.
Working at RELEVANT
RELEVANT Media Group is a Christian company creating innovative media that primarily reaches the college-to-30s audience. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but you should probably read our What We Do page if you don't know who we are.
Our employees work tirelessly to influence our generation and impact the world, but they want to have fun in the process. We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers full medical & dental insurance for our full-time employees, as well as a generous 401(k) program. We also offer full-timers two weeks of paid vacation, as well as a week of paid sick leave.
Our office is located in the creative Orlando, FL, neighborhood of Winter Park, where we're surrounded by brick streets and amazing restaurants. This is an in-house position, and relocation assistance is provided if necessary.
To apply for our content producer position, please submit your cover letter and resume below. Please include your salary requirements and references as well. Applications without salary requirements cannot be considered.