Director of Operations
If you are a Director of Operations with experience growing an independent company—not to mention a passion for media and innovation—please read on.
RELEVANT, the leading media company reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, is currently searching for a Director of Operations to drive and support key business strategies, provide overall operational and production leadership, and serve as a key member of the leadership team.
The Director of Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
This person will be responsible for developing and managing RELEVANT’s operations strategy, culture, processes and projects. This key/mission critical position will report directly to the president.
As a member of the executive team, you will create and maintain a positive work environment while supporting the mission, vision and values of the company through effective management, creative and innovative solutions to work situations, and by working collaboratively with all staff and executive team.
This position will perform timely and accurate management analyses as well as ensure key performance indicators are met in all departments. Provide direction and leadership to all operations. Identify product enhancements needed that will make a difference and be a “game changer” for our customers and potential customers. Identify new opportunities for our company.
We’re looking for the right leader, one who has experience leading seasons of significant growth at an independent company. RELEVANT is in a position to likely triple in audience and revenue size within the coming year and need an operational head to navigate those uncharted waters for us. If we grow from 15 in-house employees to 40+, as is projected, we need an experienced operations leader to implement scalable systems to lead and support that growth.
We’re looking for a forward thinker, problem solver and tough decision maker. Looking for that leader who knows the importance of continuous improvement, who can motivate others toward change and carry out strategic initiatives.
This is truly an excellent opportunity for a motivated, self-driven individual.
- Lead our operations team and department heads in the successful coordination and end-to-end execution of all print, web, video, audio and client projects
- Manage day-to-day team workflow, while recognizing potential challenges and risk factors early in the game
- Work with executive, account, creative, technical, strategy, and production teams to develop and maintain project schedules, provide project status, review feedback and satisfy deliverables
- Manage development of statements of work and related budget and cost estimates
- Lead client calls, team meetings and program communications efforts and schedules
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that the proposed creative concepts can be produced within specified timeframes and budgets
- Execute strategy and identify opportunities to optimize the company' s performance
- Work to provide accurate reporting on sales company financials, pulling the appropriate metrics and implement necessary changes for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives
- Ensure the operations of the company and support the strategic growth plans of the organization
- Create and maintain a dynamic, creative, positive and productive company and office environment
- Lead human resources
- 5+ years of experience in operations or project management with experience in a director level position
- Experience leading a company through a season of significant growth
- Passion for RELEVANT’s mission and deep knowledge of our audience and market
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field is a must
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals
This is a team-oriented, deadline-driven and fast-paced work environment. This is a position that will stretch you and never stops evolving. Every day, the RELEVANT team is trying to change the world for Christ, and this position is in the middle of it all.
We’re looking for someone that is loyal, smart and driven. Someone that can take on any challenge, big or small, care about it being done well and on time. Someone who wants to make an impact and grow with the company.
Working at RELEVANT
At RELEVANT, we are committed to innovation, purpose and excellence. We are the leading platform reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, and our team is fueled by a creative spirit and spiritual mission that is reflected in every aspect of our business. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but all of that's covered on our What We Do page, and let's be honest, you probably shouldn't apply for this position if you don't know who we are.
We're a small, collaborative team, and our employees are working to influence our generation and impact the world by creating innovative, impactful media. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we'd love to hear from you! We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers full medical & dental insurance for our full-time employees, as well as a generous 401(k) matching program. We also offer full-time employees three weeks of paid time off, as well as generous maternity, paternity and missions trip leave if applicable. The office is fully stocked with free snacks and drinks, and our brand new office is located in downtown Orlando about a block away from Magic games.
This is an in-house position.
To apply for our Director of Operations position, please submit your cover letter and resume below. Please include your salary requirements and references as well. Applications without salary requirements cannot be considered.