Social Media and Content Coordinator
At RELEVANT, we are committed to innovation, passion and a pursuit of excellence. We are the leading brand reaching Christian twenty- and thirtysomethings, and our team is fueled by a creative spirit and spiritual mission that is reflected in every aspect of our business.
The social media and content coordinator will be responsible for RELEVANT’s social platforms—currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube—and leading all efforts to grow, expand, and innovate within each. It will also create content for our multimedia platforms, writing daily for RELEVANTmagazine.com, conducting interviews and producing content on our audio and video platforms. Of equal importance is the responsibility to launch and grow a RELEVANT presence on other large platforms—Pinterest, Snapchat, Vine and others—and oversee global social strategy. It is a hands-on creative position creating content, as well as a strategic and analytical one.
The social media and content coordinator will:
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive social media strategies that align with brand strategy
- Pitch and execute video and audio content that furthers brand mission
- Work with the creative, editorial and marketing teams to create and deploy social media content — writing posts, designing images, shooting videos
- Utilize social media best practices to achieve brand and business objectives
- Provide ongoing insight into the latest social media, video and audio tactics/technologies, and formulate strategies for adoption when necessary
- Conduct ongoing best practices and new technology research and analysis to capitalize on new industry trends and keep social media and multimedia content efforts up-to-date and effective
- Identify KPI’s for ongoing and campaign initiatives—analyze findings based on benchmark goals and apply learnings for future initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal who understands the interaction between strategy, content and audience management
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience: Account management or strategy experience in social and digital media
- Substantial experience with RELEVANT’s products, message and mission
- Experience creating audio or video content a plus
- Must be already plugged into social media landscape, aware of trends and be able to continually monitor for emerging platforms and react quickly
- Photography and videography experience is a HUGE plus
- Engaging personality, lives the RELEVANT lifestyle
- Understanding of content marketing analytics and SEO and social media best practices strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker, with strong grasp of major social media platforms and how to apply them to achieve brand goals
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and drive projects forward
- Must be highly organized, flexible, with ability to multi-task and thrive under pressure to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
Working at RELEVANT
RELEVANT Media Group is a Christian company creating innovative media that primarily reaches the college-to-30s audience. We produce RELEVANT magazine and other stuff, but you should probably read our What We Do page if you don't know who we are.
Our employees work tirelessly to influence our generation and impact the world, but they want to have fun in the process. We aim to incorporate our core values of authenticity, creativity, transparency, faith and stewardship into everything we do. Diversity is of great importance to us.
RELEVANT offers full medical & dental insurance for our full-time employees. We also offer full-timers two weeks of paid vacation, as well as a week of paid sick leave.
To apply for our social media and content coordinator position, please fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter and any pertinent portfolio links. Please also include your salary requirements. Submissions without salary requirements cannot be considered.